Custom Felts

Friday, 4 March 2016

Determination and disasters

Well I made my purple coloured wet felt I showed you in my last post into a hooded cloak. Thankyou Sarafina for your wonderful tutorial.
I have in my head what I want it to look like and I remembered that I bought some nebbs a couple of years ago, just because I thought they would come in for something. And now they have.
Trying to needle felt them onto the clock was a nightmare, they just kept sticking to the needle!
I was given a few tips from the Sarafina felting fanfare facebook page but non worked. One suggested wet felting them so I began.

Here they are on place.
They looked lovely and I was Scared to start but I did.
After two hours of rubbing etc they just weren't sticking. On hindsight ( a wonderful thing hindsight) I should have wet felted them at the same time as ai did the cloak. ( next time) 
I then tried rolling which seemed to help.

I shocked it when my fingers could take no more. 
It is now drying. I have to say some bits have stuck while I'm hoping the others will needlefelt a little easier.
My how you live and learn. Onwards and upwards, lets see what it looks like tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment