The results? I'm happy and think these are the neatest hands I have done to date.
Wednesday, 30 March 2016
I always put off doing hands and faces, I always think they are going to be a disaster and never look the way I want them too. Well today after making 32 fingers (some blooded ones, my poor fingers) I managed to choose 10 that I decided were the right size for what I wanted.
Wednesday, 23 March 2016
Needle felting never ceases to amaze me. You start off with an idea in your head and as you stab the idea changes constantly.
Now even with my ventures into wet felting my ideas have changed. What started out as a cloak is now being made into a dress.
I got so carried away I forgot she was still flat chested!
So today, I made boobies.
Monday, 21 March 2016
Tuesday, 15 March 2016
Yesterday I had the pleasure of teaching a group of ladies to needle felt. I thought since Easter was looming that I would show them how to make Easter Eggs.
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
My most favourite part of any piece I make has got to be adding the details. With the mistakes and rescues I have made with this cloak I have to say have been worth it. I still have more to do but it's coming along nicely.
I think the nebbs actually look better being a bit more random and mixed in the other fibres.
What do you think?
Monday, 7 March 2016
Friday, 4 March 2016
Well I made my purple coloured wet felt I showed you in my last post into a hooded cloak. Thankyou Sarafina for your wonderful tutorial.
I have in my head what I want it to look like and I remembered that I bought some nebbs a couple of years ago, just because I thought they would come in for something. And now they have.
Trying to needle felt them onto the clock was a nightmare, they just kept sticking to the needle!
I was given a few tips from the Sarafina felting fanfare facebook page but non worked. One suggested wet felting them so I began.
Here they are on place.
They looked lovely and I was Scared to start but I did.
After two hours of rubbing etc they just weren't sticking. On hindsight ( a wonderful thing hindsight) I should have wet felted them at the same time as ai did the cloak. ( next time)
I then tried rolling which seemed to help.
I shocked it when my fingers could take no more.
It is now drying. I have to say some bits have stuck while I'm hoping the others will needlefelt a little easier.
My how you live and learn. Onwards and upwards, lets see what it looks like tomorrow....
Thursday, 3 March 2016
Well for my first attempts I am really pleased.
A few 'thin' areas thay need to be worked on but all in all good!
I can't wait to make them into clothing.
The purple one will be a hooded cloak as seen in the Sarafina tutorials and the green one ended up smaller than I wanted it to be so now will be part of a dress for the same project.
Watch this space!
Wednesday, 2 March 2016
I had the honour of teaching a lovely group of ladies from the Lancashire federation of the W.I.
We had a wonderful time making Easter bunnies and ladybirds too.
Tuesday, 1 March 2016
Well second really, the first time was a disater with clumps of dreid felt you could pull apart.
This time I sat and watched the Sarafina tutorial ( see link below) from start to end then I got everything ready.
I haven't been so excited about making something for ages!
A green one first, with a few curly ends.
Then a purple one.
These will be a gown and cloak for this.
Still not 100% sure what it is going to be but I have an idea.
I made a proper wet suddy mess! Hehe! But I loved it.
I will have to wait until they are dry to see how I did but I'm hopeful this time.